Statement regarding the May 2020 sitting of the Netball Europe A/B Written AssessmentDear Country Officiating Lead,In light of the continued uncertainty regarding COVID-19 and the associated social distancing measures put in place by the Government, Netball Europe has taken the decision to defer the May 2020 sitting of the Netball Europe A/B Written Assessment. At this stage we are hopeful that the next opportunity for candidates to sit the assessment will be 10 October 2020, following the new A/B Written Assessment calendar as previously circulated.Should you require any further information at this time please do not hesitate to contact us.Many thanks,
Gary BurgessNetball Europe Written Assessments Manager
Date of implementation of new INF rules (2020 edition) for NE officiating and events
NE Officiating will introduce the new INF rules 2020 edition for all NE officiating functions including written papers, assessments and tutoring from 1st September 2020.
NE Events will introduce the new INF rules 2020 edition for all NE Events as follows:
- NE Competitions involving INF ranked countries – from 1st January 2020
- NE Competitions involving non-INF ranked countries – from 1st September 2020
Members are responsible for deciding when to implement the new rules 2020 edition within their own country, but this must be on or before 1st September 2020.
Notice to NE members of change of date for B/A written
From October 2020, the dates of the B/A written paper will move from February, May and November to February, June and October and will be based on the new rules 2020.
This will allow 4 months between each paper allowing more time for the preparation of the papers and learners who do not meet the requirements for a pass will have more time to prepare to retake the paper.
NE Umpiring C Award
Netball Europe is proud to announce the introduction of online testing for the written element of the C award.
Four of our member countries are taking part in Phase One that commenced on 1 September 2019: Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the Emirates. For full details of the system, click here.
NE Officiating is responsible for:
- Managing the NE Umpiring Awards Scheme.
- Implementing relevant policies, procedures and processes, including:
- Safeguarding (accredited umpires aged under 18 years)
- Transfer of Umpire Accreditation (within Europe and between INF Regions)
- NE Umpire Tutor Award
- NE ITP QA process (for NE events)
- Umpiring Awards Fee Scheme (in conjunction with the NE Finance Director)
- Cheryl Danson is the current NE Director of Officiating
- Alan Anderson, previously the NE Director of Officiating, is currently the INF Regional Officiating Coordinator (ROC) for the Europe region
The following officiating roles took effect in September 2019:
NE deployment manager – Heather Gleadall
NE B/A written manager – Gary Burgess
NE awards pathway manager – Elaine Douris
NE Officiating portfolio managers: