9 March 2022
NE Officiating Awards Extension
28 May 2020 For an update on the NE Officiating Awards, click here.
NE Umpiring C Award
Netball Europe is proud to announce the introduction of online testing for the written element of the C award.
Four of our member countries are taking part in Phase One that commenced on 1 September 2019: Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the Emirates. For full details of the system, click here.
NE Officiating is responsible for:
- Managing the NE Umpiring Awards Scheme.
- Implementing relevant policies, procedures and processes, including:
- Safeguarding (accredited umpires aged under 18 years)
- Transfer of Umpire Accreditation (within Europe and between INF Regions)
- NE Umpire Tutor Award
- NE ITP QA process (for NE events)
- Umpiring Awards Fee Scheme (in conjunction with the NE Finance Director)
- Cheryl Danson is the current NE Director of Officiating.
- Alan Anderson, previously the NE Director of Officiating, is currently the INF Regional Officiating Coordinator (ROC) for the Europe region.
The following officiating roles took effect in September 2019:
NE deployment manager – Heather Gleadall
NE B/A written manager – Gary Burgess
NE awards pathway manager – Elaine Douris
NE Officiating portfolio managers: